At Chicago Rehabilitation Services you can expect the following at your first and subsequent visits
- 01 Your will receive an appointment within 48 hours or your earliest convenience.
- 02 Insurance coverages will be verified before your appointment.
- 03 Therapist will provide you a one on one evaluation.
- 04 You will be receive a plan to fit your recovery process.
- 05 You will leave with future weekly appointment to fit your schedule.
Balance & Fall Prevention
Balance problems and fear of falling can cause significant disruptions in your daily life. Balance is an essential part of every day life activities such as walking, getting up from a chair, negotiating stairs, getting out of your car and bending over to put on your shoes. It is crucial to maintain good balance to allow independence with daily living.
Chicago Rehabilitation Services assists in the treatment of patients with balance problems associated with dizziness/vertigo, musculoskeletal disorders, neurologic, and orthopedic conditions.
How your Balance System works
Balance is controlled by three sensory systems that work together to maintain equilibrium:
- Visual: Your eyes tell the brain how your body is oriented in relation to walls, floors, and other nearby objects.
- Vestibular: Fluid-filled canals in your ear act much like a carpenters level, sending warnings to the brain when you are off balance.
- Somatosensory: Specialized nerve cells in your muscles and joints sense the position of your arms, legs, and other body parts.
How Physical Therapy can benefit you
- We have the equipment and skilled training to reeducate your body and brain by challenging the three sensory systems that control your balance.
- We also work on a comprehensive rehabilitation program including strengthening and addressing flexibility restrictions, which may contribute to instability.
- We can also incorporate and train you to use an assistive device if needed.
Goals of Physical Therapy
- To reduce symptoms and improve stability to allow for you to be independent with daily activities.
- We strive to reduce your risk of falling to prevent further injury which will restrict your mobility.
- GOOD BALANCE = INDEPENDENCE!
Helpful Hints for Fall Prevention
- Secure down or reduce amount of rugs throughout the home.
- Keep your house well lit, especially at night.
- Reduce clutter in the home.
- Wear sensible shoes.
- Use assistive devices as needed.
- Keep moving!
Want To Book An Appointment?
Fill out our form and we'll contact you soon!Book Appointment
Injured Worker/Workers Compensation
If you have been injured at work and are unable to return, Chicago Rehab is here to help.
If you have been in an accident and need help on your road to recovery. Chicago Rehab is here to help
FCE – Functional Capacity Evaluation
Are you an injured worker looking to be evaluated in order to get back to work? Click Here we can tell you how Chicago Rehab can help.
The following is a list of the major insurance types that we accept*:
- Align Network
- AETNA Better Health Premier Plan
- BCBS PPO
- Chicago Health System (No Prior Authorization!)
- BCBS Medicare Advantage
- BCBS Community MMA Medicare/Medicaid
- BCBS Community ICP
- Cigna One Health HMO
- Cigna Health Springs
- Dart Member
- Humana PPO
- Rail Road MC
- United Health Care
- (United) Mutual Omaha Plaza
- Veterans Choice Programs
- Well Care
- Cypress Benefits administration
- Optum Health
*This list is not comprehensive, if your insurance is not listed or if you have any questions please contact the office nearest to you. We would be happy to help you with your benefits and eligibility.